Thermoforming Packaging Designer
The Thermoforming Design Coordinator is responsible for Designing new Thermoformed products and tooling associated with it. Candidate must have a willingness to wear multiple hats and be a team player
in a fast-paced start-up environment.
This is full time position.
- Assist in preparing 2D and 3D design, drawings and specifications for company projects.
- Assist in preparing Tooling drawings, jigs and fixtures.
- Prepares and interprets engineering design, drawings, and specifications.
- Design and prepare BOM for Projects
- Able to understand technical writing and drawings.
- Ability to handle Multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support Shop Activities with MRO inventory ordering.
- Works on special projects as directed by the management team.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a professional and courteous manner with team members.
- Assist with prioritizing and scheduling projects and shop activities.
- Contributes to team effort by taking on added tasks as required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and organizational skills
- Mechanical Diploma, Engineering Degree will be an Asset
- 1-2 years of 3D & 2D Mechanical Design experience
- In depth knowledge of 3D solid modeling software-Solid works/solid edge or UG etc
- Knowledge of Autocad Software
- Ability to read Verniers & micrometers
- Knowledge of mechanical drawings.
- Project Management background an asset.
Typical working conditions:
- Schedule may change depending on business requirements.
- Manufacturing plant with continuous interaction on manufacturing floor where PPE is required.
Must have experience designing Thermoformed or Vacuum Formed packaging and parts.