Shipper / Reciever – Inventory Control
Inventory Control Specialist – Shipper / Reciever
Location: Oakville, ON , Burlington, ON
Industry: Machine Manufacturing, Parts and Service
Salary: Depends on Experience – Usually $20/hr - $25/hr
Full Time Employment
Our client is a global leader in delivering solutions to the food processing industries. The Canadian head office is located in Oakville, Ontario and supplies a network of customers and agents around the world. We have a strong reputation for product and service quality, built over 43 years of service.
This position exists to provide excellence to our internal and external customers and provide assistance in all areas of the logistics department, by ensuring accurate and timely order filling, shipping & receiving and ensuring organization within the warehouse.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsible for all shipping and receiving including the following:
- Safe and efficient use of forklift.
- Shipment of parts to customers.
- Parts Picking and Packing.
- Parts Organization within the Warehouse.
- Physical receiving of all orders and entry into the software
- Stocking shelves.
- Unpacking of orders.
- Prepare and ship supplier returns.
- Preparation of kits for shipping.
- Approval of shipping bills within established guidelines.
- Resolution with transport companies of damaged/lost/late loads.
- Maintain all deliveries in software
- Provide assistance to production and assembly
- Assembly of parts boxes.
- Maintain a clean work area
- Assist in promoting the security of the inventory with respect to access and loss control.
Skills and Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma; Completion of College Diploma preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving
- Forklift certified.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with sense of urgency
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, computer literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities