Technical Sales Representative (R&D, National Labs, Life Sciences)
Technical Sales Representative
Industry: Vacuum Pumps, Analytical Instrumentation
Target Clients: Semi-conductors, National R&D/Laboratories, Electronics, Life Sciences, Solar, Battery Manufacturing
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary + Variable Component and Bonus Plan. Car Allowance/Company Car will be provided along with laptop/cell phone
Location: National (Candidate can be located in BC, Ontario or Quebec)
Our client is a leading multi-national corporation which represents a German vacuum technology manufacturer in Canada. We are working with a manufacturer as they have secured an industrial distributor of Vacuum Pump technology. You will be selling to electronic industry, semiconductor industry, Life Sciences , National R&D Laboratories industry across Canada.
The Senior Direct Sales / Applications Engineer to represent their product suite for the Canadian marketplace. Reporting directly to the VP Sales, you will have technical experience in representing our vacuum pump line.
- Perform a variety of tasks involved with pre- or post- sales support.
- Establish a network within Canada through prospecting, sales calls and follow up on leads.
- Prospects for potential customers and maintains strong account relationships with existing customers within the assigned territory, obtaining sales orders for Company related products and services.
- Extensive travel within the territory including over night stays. This is a Senior Direct Sales role that is 100% external. Up to 40% travel within the first 2 years. National responsibility.
- Developing clients at a National level across Canada.
- Responsible for Estimation, Costing, Pricing and Developing Engineering Proposals within the Life Sciences, Battery, Solar, Laboratory environments.
- Advises management on market intelligence within the field. Recommend Engineering solutions based upon product suite to potential customers.
- Additional requirements include experience with high vacuum technology, broad range of vacuum applications knowledge in a variety of markets including Semiconductor, Analytical instrumentation, Coating, Industry and R&D, as well as the ability to stay abreast of changes in those markets.
You will possess:
- 5-7 years of Technical Sales experience selling high vacuum pump technology within the Canadian marketplace. Leveraging the market in the R&D community (National Labs and Universities) as well as Life Sciences, semi-conductors, battery, solar and electronic industry.
- Experience Developing customers on a National level.
- Ability to do extensive travel within the territory including over night stays. Up to 40%.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to persuade our customers as you represent the product suite within Canada.
Our client can offer full time employment with a competitive base salary, commissions and bonus plan. A company car/car allowance will be provided to the right individual.