Regional Technical Manager
Regional Technical Manager (French and English) – Francophone Location: Montreal, QC (Laval, South of North Shore) or Quebec City (Home Based Office) Salary: Competitive Salary + Bonus + Company Vehicle + Company Pension + Full Benefits + 4 weeks time off (including sick days and vacation), laptop and cell phone Travel: 50% - 60% between Montreal and Quebec City and Atlantic Provinces. 2-3 times a year to Chicago, IL (Paused due to Covid) Industries: HVAC, Oil/Gas, Heavy Equipment, Construction Equipment, Automotive , Restaurant Kitchen Equipment (Competitors: Garland, Hobart, Unox, Alto-Shaam) Reporting directly to the Service Director, The Regional Technical Manager will supervise technicians within the Quebec and Atlantic province region. You will be able to:
- Provide technical support to our client’s Service Partners.
- Monthly review of our clients KPI and service partners
- Perform annual service partner’s assessments.
- Rotate every 2 months in the technical call center
- Available to be on call during weekends in the assigned call center week
- Provide technical training to service partners.
- French translations of service technical documents
- Release warranty and installation claims in the warranty system every month
- Support National accounts in Quebec and Atlantic Provinces
- Ability to travel to USA 3-4 times per year.
- Must be fully Bilingual (French/English)
- Must possess a Provincial Gas License (Equivalent to G1/G2/G3) in Ontario
- Technical college degree of minimum 2 years or technical apprenticeship program completion
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Service Supervisor or Service Manager in Food / Equipment, Construction and/or Oil/Gas industry.
- Must have Management skills. (Experience with financials, Excel Data Analysis, presentations, supervision of vendors
- Must have prior experience supervising of in-house technicians and suppliers
- Technical: Background as a technician or supervising technicians, candidate needs to be able to understand a basic electrical schematic, symbols, able to understand the repair language; candidate able to learn easy
- Able to travel 50% of the time. Trips to Quebec city-Montreal corridor twice a month, once every 2 months to the Atlantic provinces, 2-3 times a year to Chicago. Trips during the week, 3-4 days
- MS Word, MS Excel with excellent customer service and great work ethic.