Medical Reports Coordinator / Quality Assurance Specialist
A private IME disability case management company is looking for an experienced Proofreader/Quality Assurance Specialist who will report to the QA Team Leader. If you pride yourself on providing exemplary service and are interested in being a part of our growing team, we are hiring for the position of Proof-reader/Quality Assurance Specialist. The candidate must have experience in the IME setting, understand SmartSimple, and is a registered healthcare provider or have comparable knowledge and qualifications. Description A Proofreader /Quality Assurance Specialist reviews medical/legal reports (Accident Benefits, Catastrophic, Torts) to make sure that the final product is of the highest quality. The job requires attention to detail, fact checking, research and excellent customer service. The Proofreader/Quality Assurance Specialist carefully reviews reports, cross-referencing with the accompanying medical documentation to look for omissions, errors, and inconsistencies. Proofreader/Quality Assurance Specialist ensures that assessors remain within their professional scope, as well as verify that all questions asked by the referral source are adequately addressed. Suggested corrections are offered back to the assessors where necessary. You will never seek to have an assessor change an opinion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review/proofread medical legal reports and cross reference with medical documentation.
- Identify omissions, errors, inconsistencies in reports received from assessors / evaluators and attain approval to edit the identified omissions, errors and/or inconsistencies in reports.
- Ensure timely follow up on all report content that requires additional information, clarification etc., with appropriate assessors, internal colleagues (Intake department, Reports Coordinator etc.)
- Consult with appropriate assessors, internal colleagues (Intake department), Reports Coordinator, IE Supervisor etc. to ensure reports and executive summaries are of high quality within established turnaround time frames.
- Provide detailed account of reports completed and delivered to QA Team Leader
- Assist with resolving outstanding report issues
- Other tasks/duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma/degree (college or university) in a relevant field (kinesiology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, health sciences, etc.)
- 3 years of experience proofreading Independent Medical reports and knowledge of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS)
- Experience with SmartSimple, eClaims and SecureDocs
- Excellent computer proficiency and experience with MS Suite
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by separate attachment in word format, Upon receipt of the resume you will be contacted to discuss the current opportunities in detail. For further information contact: Tanya Bassil, Partner Campbell Morden Inc. Phone: (416) 598-4020