Production Supervisor – Unionized Environment
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – Unionized Plant
Location: Vaughan, ON
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000 + 8% bonus + Full Benefits + RRSP
We are on the search for a Production Supervisor for a buildings material manufacturer located in Vaughan, ON. This is a unionized operation having a head count of 40 individuals split between 2 shifts. There is 1 technical supervisor on the floor and this position will be a 2nd production supervisor.
The Day Shift Production Supervisor will be responsible for 15 – 20 production operators in a very busy plant. You will have excellent people development skills, with the ability to hold daily production meetings, ability to delegate tasks to your production employees and follow up with the development of team leads and production employees. People Development Skills and Soft Skills are extremely important for this role.
You will have knowledge in Lean, 5S and Six Sigma to implement a WCM Methodology within a plant environment. You will also be hands-on with the production employees with the ability to help and support the production employees on the floor.
You will report directly to the Production Manager for this role.
To be eligible for this role you will possess:
- Post Secondary Education in either Business or Engineering.
- 5-7 years of supervisory experience on the manufacturing shop floor delegating tasks, mentoring production employees and developing employees and team leads.
- Ability to lead Lunch and Learns, motivate production team members.
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to hold daily production meetings.
- Ability to develop team leads in leadership development to supervisory roles
- Knowledge of Lean, 5S, WCM Methodology in a Manufacturing environment
- Hands On ability to assist production employees on the shop floor
- Solid career progression starting either from the shop floor to team lead and production supervisor.
- Advancement and growth.