Position to fill: Production Manager
Industry Automation Solutions Manufacturer
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Salary range: Depends on qualifications and experience (likely to be between $70k and 80K).
The company is an international manufacturer of automated optical systems used for inspection, counting, label reading and other applications used primarily in manufacturing environments.
Primary functions of the Production Manager role include:
- Coordinate plant activities to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a cost-effective manner while meeting on-time-delivery requirements (job scheduling)
- Schedule workforce (vacations, coverage for unplanned absences, overtime, coordination with other departments)
- Control and minimize labor overtime. Must not exceed budgetary restrictions.
- Coordinate the day to day production tasks of direct reports, ensuring deadlines are met • Provide leadership & training to manufacturing staff, in line with company goals and objectives
- Provide annual review of staff members to review performance and development needs • Review, create and update manufacturing work instructions
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Uphold quality standards and policies
- Ensure inventory accuracy by abiding to policies and procedures
- Work with engineering and applications departments to resolve technical issues
- Coordinate with company safety representative or committee to ensuring the production environment and team members are always operating safely
- Maintain existing production tools and equipment, replace or make adjustments to when necessary, within budget constraints
- Manage and comply with local regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate on cost reduction, and process improvement projects.
- Timely and effective communication with general manager on key production issues that impact safety, quality, cost, or lead times
- Oversee shipping and receiving
- No more than 5 years of Management experience.
- Management of a 5 member team which include 4 technicians and a reciever.
- Solid knowledge of Electrical Engineering is necessary.
- Post Secondary Education in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field
- About 10 years of experience in electrical/mechanical manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated hands-on electromechanical troubleshooting skills for quick resolution of production floor issues
- Manufacturing floor supervisory experience with the ability to direct work assignments, set priorities, delegate tasks, analyze situations and make qualified decisions
- Previous experience planning and executing production schedules for complex electromechanical products
- Knowledgeable in best practices related to manufacturing and inventory control
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and ERP software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills