Occupational Therapist – Ottawa, ON
A private multidisciplinary-based clinics are recruiting for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join their clinic in Ottawa, Ontario (70% virtual/30% community)
Provide assessment and treatment to a wide variety of clients with varying needs, including MVA/WSIB, chronic and mental health conditions.
Provide impartial home, job and safety/attendant care assessments, functional ability evaluations, insurer examinations, ergonomic assessments, client education and job couching as required.
Coordinate the return to work process with all stakeholders in a timely way, ensuring a smooth trnasitionin to the workforce.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
~ Functional Ability Evaluations;
~ Home Functional and Maintenance Assessments;
~ Work Site Assessments;
~ WSIB, MVA and LTD case management;
~ Ergonomics or Return to Work Planning;
~ Manage case management on a day-to-day basis.
- University Degree in respective professional as required by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Certificate of Registration with OT College
- Three years related experience in the treatment of clients/patients with work related injuries, VA/and/or experience in third party health care system.
- Strong physical assessment and treatment planning skills
- Knowledge of active rehab protocols
- FAE and Return to Work planning skills preferred
- Work Well Isenhagen certificate preferred
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective written, oral and nonverbal communication skills
- Able to provide group education sessions and lead small group learning sessions
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by separate attachment in Word Format to: email@example.com
If you need any further information regarding this opportunity contact:
Tanya Bassil, Sr. Medical Recruiter/Partner
Telephone No.: (416) 598-4020