A private rehabilitation company offers diverse work for Occupational Therapists, from assessments (including Functional Ability Evaluations, Physical Demands Analysis, etc.) to treatment (including Work Hardening Program, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Ergonomic Assessments, One on One Occupational Therapy, etc.). The therapists have the support of over 60+ years of Occupational Therapy knowledge to draw upon from the other Occupational Therapists and management colleagues. Occupational Therapists are supervised by an Operations Manager with an Occupational Therapy background. TSR also has dedicated admin staff to perform the admin side of the job, allowing the therapist the time to focus on their client and the assessment or therapy they are providing.
The caseload consists of 70 % virtual and 30% community.
As a full-time employee, Occupational Therapist is responsible for: assessment, treatment, report writing and communication with health care team and referral sources. Areas of practice include LTD, MVA, WSIB and Private services. Occupational Therapy services are carried out virtually from the therapist’s home or in one of TSR’s Clinics locations, the client’s home, the community and/or the client’s workplace.
Occupational Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Completing OT in Home Assessments, Attendant Care Assessments, Functional Ability Evaluations, Functional Work Capacity Assessments, Worksite Assessments, Ergonomic Assessments, Cognitive assessments, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Assessments.
- Completing treatment sessions, such as: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Work Hardening, Job Coaching, One on One Occupational Therapy
- Meets the client’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results and determining occupational therapy treatment plans.
- Helps the client develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities.
- Prepares the client for return to employment by consulting with employers; determining potential employee difficulties; retraining employees; and helping employers understand necessary physical and job accommodations.
- Maintaining accurate clinical records and completing comprehensive reports which include assessment results, client goals, treatment plan and client progress with treatment according to standards set by College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Collaborates with other members of the health team and referral sources as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Adheres to Clinics’ Policies and Procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate personnel
- Completes other tasks as requested
Occupational Therapist Qualifications/Skills:
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Motivating others
- Medical teamwork
- Promoting mental health
- Listening, analyzing information, and focusing on quality
Work Hours & Benefits
Therapists work Monday to Friday. Therapists have the opportunity to work from home (when able to perform virtual assessments or therapy), work in clinic (at one of their locations) and also in the client’s workplace or the client’s home when requested.
Therapists are reimbursed for travel (when required). Travel is generally within the GTA but can include any place in Southern Ontario when requested.
The firm offers extended benefits and paid annual education allowance.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Valid COTO Registration
- Minimum of three to five years of recent work experience as an occupational therapist in the automobile insurance sector and / or WSIB and LTD sectors.
- Certification in Functional Ability Evaluations (Roy Matheson certification, an asset)
- Certification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (an asset)
- Certification in PGAP (an asset)
- Experience with Acquired Brian Injuries (an assent)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume by separate attachment in word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of your resume I will call you to discuss the opportunity in detail.
For further information, please contact:
Tanya Bassil, Sr. Partner
Campbell Morden Inc.
Phone: (416) 598-4020