Key Accounts Manager (KAM) – Food Service
National Key Accounts Business Development Director
Location: Montreal Based (Preferred) but also can be Ottawa/Gatineau. Over Night Travel – 60%
Salary: $100,000 Base Salary + $30,000 Annual Bonus + Company Vehicle and Gas Card + 20 PTO
Home Office Set-up in Montreal, QC. Client has HQ in Mississauga, ON. Frequent trips to Mississauga, ON would be required.
We have been retained to search for a National Key Accounts Business Development Director. Reporting to the Senior Director of Key Accounts, this role is responsible for prospecting, developing new key accounts to add to our client’s key accounts pipeline. Our client is a multi-national , well known commercial kitchen equipment manufacturer selling to large hotel chains, restaurants and commercial kitchens world-wide.
You will be responsible for:
- Sales, Business Development and Growing our client’s Key Accounts pipeline with the aim of making our client’s products Partner of Choice for restaurant owners, Executive chefs, and Commercial Kitchens. Participate in Business planning, regional trade shows and events when needed.
- Customer Presentations and participate in Live cooking events. Manage lab and field tests to ensure opportunities are converted to sales.
- Manage National Key Accounts. Ability to work within a structured sales approach to meet Quotas and Activity targets.
- Identify and develop strategic business partners which will include independent rep organizations, distributors/dealers and Food consultants.
- Ability to use MS Office, MSFT Teams presentation and ability to log customer related data and prospect interaction in a Salesforce CRM Software. Review business periodicals to generate leads and write reports to senior management team.
- Manage key accounts and establish successful channel and key account programs. Assist team and partners with Live cooking demonstrations.
You will possess:
- 5 - 7 years of previous sales, sales management, or business development experience in a Structured Corporate environment. Experience with Key Account Management (KAM Experience) with 2-3 years of sales supervisory experience.
- Previous culinary experience or strong interest in cooking.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or proven Sales experience
- Skilled in the presentation of technically sophisticated manufactured goods
- Ability to over-night travel within the respected territory. (Montreal, Ottawa/Gatineau) Travel is expected to be 60% of the time. Occasional Overnight international travel for product training purposes.
- Fully Bi-Lingual (French/English speaking)
- Advanced to Expert use of MS Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce and Map Point)
- Detail Orientated, Pure Sales individual, Well Connected within Food Service/Culinary industry, Curious, Analytical, Self Motivated, Good Time Management.
We are looking for a Pure Sales individual. Strong sales and business development background is required. The candidate does not need to have culinary/chef experience and we welcome candidates that have shown sales success in other industries related to Food service.