Medical Device Electrical Engineer – Senior Systems Engineer
Medical device Design Electrical Engineer (Sr. Systems Engineer) needed for an Ontario company designing and offering state of the art oncology and regenerative medicine treatment products for their clients. You will play a leadership role ensuring that the electrical designs of the devices are sustainable and able to be transferred to manufacture, and that any field defects are dealt with at the design level. You will be dealing with integrated systems, especially the electronic design component.
Relocation cost coverage to Eastern ON available.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improving product design to ensure quality, reliability, and manufacturing efficiency.
- DFA based on client requirements.
- Root cause analysis of failures, and CAPA.
- In charge of design updates and implementations of CAPA.
- Technical documentation related to design, mechanical drawings, and technical reports.
- ISO 13485 Quality Management System.
- BS or MS Engineering- Biomedical, Electrical, Mechatronics and focus on electronics design.
- PMP or P.Eng. nice to have.
- Min 5 years in medical device or product design/manufacture field in quality managed environment.
- Board and system level electrical design, especially for medical devices and associated standards.
- PCB layout practices, plus EMC performance.
- Electrical safety standards great asset.
- eCAD systems – preferably Altium.
- Project management
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Systems level design: thermal, gas, motorized control systems.
- Bioreactor design and/or cell culture a great asset.