Kitchen Appliance Service Technician
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – Gas Fitters and Refrigeration License Location: Montreal, QC Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 per annum + 5% bonus. Company Vehicle and Gas Card Provided. RRSP and Full Benefits
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for delivering customer service excellence in the homes of our customers, including performing technical diagnosis, and installation and repair of all kitchen and laundry appliances including but not limited to washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves, ovens, refrigerators, freezers, microwave ovens.
- Diagnose, repair and install appliances
- Ensure any installations that require connections to water, hydro or gas lines are completed correctly and there are no leaks or other safety concerns.
- Look up and order parts
- Answer any and all questions the consumer might have about his or her appliance.
- Demonstrate to customer on proper use and care of the appliance.
- Diagnose and repair customer units
- Provide customers with estimates
- Use Excel to prepare audit reports on returned products, documenting the reason why the unit was returned and the actual condition of the appliance
- Use business management software to manage and reschedule service calls
- Complete rework efforts as required
- Complete service work orders for repairs completed.
- Demonstrate and practice customer service values when in customer home
- Prepare products for proper disposal, including recovering refrigerants, draining oils from compressors and washing machine gear cases
- Prepare scrap report paperwork
- Provide field support as needed for assist repairs
- Retrieve supply parts from returned units
- Report to Technical training team any observed trends in returned products
- Provide field technicians with parts from returned products when requested
- Demonstrate proper code of conduct and business ethic
- Refrigeration or Gas License
- Ability to travel between Montreal and Quebec City
- Bi-Lingual (French/English)
- Ability to work from Home