Disability Case Manager (Auto, MVA, WSIB and SABS)
Looking for case managers across southwestern and the greater Toronto area.
- The Disability Case Managers will be responsible for assisting employees on behalf of the employer when the employee is off work or at risk of being off work for health reasons.
- The case managers will assess any barriers to a successful and timely return-to-work plan.
- The case manager will oversee a client’s medical status and work as part of an allied healthcare team.
- The case manager will liaise with various medical disciplines, insurance adjusters, layers, employers , etc.
- Engage with stakeholder to implement strategies to address those identified barriers and support return to work or an appropriate alternative plan.
- Conduct initial case assessment, contacting the employee and their direct manager by phone to explain the disability management process and gather information for assessment.
- As part of the team, provide medical expertise and opinions on newly received and ongoing disability claims to support the claims management process with claims and vocational specialists.
- Provides medical expertise to help determine eligibility of disability benefits, impact of medical condition, project expected duration and required duration management interventions of the claim based on medical condition.
- Work with treatment providers to obtain medical information needed to manage the disability claim. They will manage transition to LTD and provide medical and summary case management information to the LTD insurer to ensure seamless transition.
- Provide timely and high quality medical review of disability claims management. Contact with medical providers, obtain necessary records, obtain responses to medical narratives and conduct telephone interviews/consultations for the purpose of obtaining medical information necessary to effectively manage the claim.
- Provide claims specialists with medical opinions through a variety of means including walk-ins and formal written file reviews. Appropriately document medical research and opinion in objective and professional manner in the claim file.
- Clearly define restrictions and limitations to aid in initial and ongoing liability decisions. Recognize when other resources need to be involved and discuss values· Have an understanding of disability contracts and products and apply that knowledge in day to day work. Understand the key financial and business indicators of the disability claims business.
- Health Science degree
- Minimum 3 of Disability Case Management experience in Auto, MVA,WSIB and SABS.
- Additional course work in occupational health, rehabilitation, legislation related to disability management, mediation, human resource management, disability insurance, psychological and workplace factors in disability an asset;
- Adjudication, industrial disability management, cardiac and orthopedics an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume by separate attachment in word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your resume I will call you to discuss the opportunity in detail. For further information, please contact: Tanya Bassil, Sr. Partner Campbell Morden Inc. Phone: (416) 598-4020