Position to fill: Estimator
Industry Material handling equipment manufacturer
This position will report to the Estimation Manager. You will be part of the estimating team and work alongside 3 experienced estimators. The estimating team supports the outside sales team for project bids. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and review construction drawings (architectural, structural, mechanical, consultant) to develop the appropriate code compliant and cost-effective solution.
- Review project specifications and ensure bid is compliant.
- Develop building maintenance & window washing equipment systems and layouts in consultation with sales managers, engineering team, project management team, general contractors & architects.
- Develop system layout drawings in AutoCAD format, especially for design-build bids.
- Develop system equipment lists and corresponding pricing for review with management.
- Review and complete all bid forms and documentation.
Qualifications and Education
- Technical background with knowledge of construction processes, drawings and specifications.
- Technician/Technology diploma in Architecture, Structural, Mechanical or Civil at minimum.
- AutoCAD. Minimum 2 years of experience.
Expert skill level in MS Office.
Understanding of manufacturing processes, machining, welding assembly preferred.