A provider of high- quality healthcare with 10 clinics in the GTA and South Western Ontario region is hiring a Cardiology Technologist. The company is committed to providing diagnostic care and imaging that will assist in the early detection of disease, plan patient management and effectively monitor treatment.
Their areas of expertise include Nuclear Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology Testing, MRI, PET and Specialist services.
To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost-effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care.
They offer a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth.
Are you patient focused Cardiology Technologist with excellent clinical skills?
The Cardiology Centres are growing and is recruiting for a full-time Cardiology Technologist for their busy practise in Woodstock.
The Cardiology Technologist performs high quality diagnostic electrocardiographic procedures independently to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The key accountabilities of the role are:
- Stress testing of Nuclear Cardiology patients under the supervision of a physician.
- Provides the physician with a tracing of the patient’s ECG, blood pressure and heart rate before and during the Stress test.
- Conducts tests in accordance with CSCT and KMH’s protocols, policies and procedures.
- Instructs or aids the patient on Stress testing and other equipment. Uses proper patient positioning technique and equipment setting to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during the examination to ensure that all appropriate data is appropriately captured during the test.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the examination rooms are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift.
- Ensures that all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and assists in maintaining a current inventory of routine supplies.
- Works with cross functional team and other staff to assist with patient care.
- Attends team meetings and updates.
- Maintain continuous professional development in ECG through self-study including attending courses or seminars.
- Completion of a recognized course in ECG
- CSCT designation
- 1 year of work experience is an asset
- CPR certification
- Experience in Holter monitor hook ups, AMBPs, Loops is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word and Outlook)
- Experience with EMR systems
- ACLS is an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Demonstrated high quality, compassionate, patient centered care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The company is a progressive organization with a team passionate about healthcare. Their team is comprised of clinical, clinical support and business roles with an entrepreneurial approach. The team takes pride in our client focused environment and works very closely with other service and clinical teams at KMH.
They are the only IHF facility in Ontario with an official GE partnership.
The role reports to the ECG Technical Manager and is part of a team of 38 Technologists. This is a full-time role scheduled for 5 days per week between Monday-Saturday. Shifts are typically scheduled during 8.00 a.m.-4.30 p.m.
Part-time shifts are also available.
The company offer a competitive rate, comprehensive benefits, Work Perks, Let’s Move program wellness initiatives and the opportunity for growth.
They offer relocation support and an outstanding new graduate incentive program.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter by separate attachment in Word Format.