Bi-Lingual Human Resources Generalist – 18 Month Contract
The Human Resources Generalist is a passionate, hands-on, courageous, and dedicated to building strong relationships with people.
As a key enabler of business success and performance, the HR Generalist contributes to fostering the company’s culture and developing future organizational capabilities that are critical for achieving our strategic goals and continued success.
The HR Generalist provides a wide range of services related to human resources including developing and implementing HR policies, full cycle recruitment, on-boarding, employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training and development. The HR Generalist collaborates with managers, supervisors, and staff, at all levels, across the organization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Building strong relationships with internal clients and acting as first point of contact for their business groups, including team members, managers, and department leaders.
- Communicating to internal team members the full range of HR Company policies, guidelines, and procedures, along with relevant employment-related laws, regulations, and standards.
- Collaborating with hiring managers to conduct full-cycle recruitment on a national scale.
- Developing external partnerships with local and regional community associates and educational institutions to ensure a robust talent pipeline.
- Participating in and leading on-boarding activities.
- Coordinating and delivering internal training, where applicable.
- Coaching managers and team members through employee relations issues, serving as both a coach and sounding board.
- Managing employee database/HRIS content, training completion data and associated HR activities.
- Running, auditing and reconciling payroll.
- Owning and implementing human resources projects and initiatives.
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing HR data, policies, and practices to make recommendations for improved HR and management practices.
- Driving innovative solutions and streamlining work processes, building best practices, and enhancing HR service delivery.
- Proactively ensuring compliance with legal, statutory and company policies and procedures.
- Participating in national committees, including engagement initiatives and inclusion initiatives.
- Respect working procedure
- Use protective personal equipment when required
- Report hazards and accidents
- Take care of your health and safety and that of the other
Key Skills and Core Competencies
- Strong drive for results, sense of urgency, as well as flexibility.
- The ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker who works well independently, as well as in a team environment, with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated follow-through, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast- paced environment.
- High level of personal motivation and the ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
Education and Qualifications
- Bilingualism in English and French is required
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management
- H.R.P. designation or working towards designation is an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a human resources generalist role
- Experience supporting business units remotely, is preferred
- Experience supporting and leading the implementation of human resources projects and initiatives
- Experience interpreting and implementing company policies and procedures, and recommending appropriate courses of action consistent with sound HR management principles
- Strong knowledge of Canadian provincial and federal employment legislation (Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, Manitoba, Nova Scotia)
- Advanced MS Office skills – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and document management – Adobe
- Commitment to being abreast of HR trends and best practices