Project Co-Ordinator / Architectural CAD Drafter
We are looking for an experienced Project Co-Ordinator Architectural CAD Drafter with a great attitude and a passion for architectural detailing and drafting!
The Architectural CAD Drafter prepares technical details and shop drawings on a per project basis, converting the Architectural design intent into a drawing that represents the product specified. The Architectural CAD Drafter will also serve as subject matter experts to the capabilities and installation of products. In addition, ensures that all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented and managed to meet deadlines in accordance with the specifications and job costing needs.
- Produce large/complex and detailed shop and production drawings using AutoCAD incorporating all necessary information received (architectural/shop drawings/field dimensions) from customer to plant for production.
- 80% Architectural Drafting / Detailing Production Shop Drawings. 20% Project Co-ordination.
- Conduct material take offs, work with production staff to ensure products meet quality standards.
- Communicate and follow up with internal customers as it relates to project specifics and deadlines.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented.
- Ensure that projects are managed to meet the deadlines and in accordance with the specifications and job costing needs. Works closely with internal Project Manager or client site Manager.
- Interact and maintain clear communications with customers (internal & external) with respect to shop drawings and other details pertaining to job such as delivery dates, or delays, material size, finish selection etc.
- Maintain customer expectations.
- College level diploma in Architectural Technology or related experience in Architecture discipline
- Strong in AUTOCAD Drafting. At least 3-5 years of experience using latest version of AutCAD. Developing Detailed shop and/or production drawings related to architectural production needs.
- Direct working experience involving the complexity of field related dimensional needs a key asset.
- Ability to read architectural drawings (blueprints) and other construction documents
- Solid ability to use AutoCAD latest version (Autocad 2022) and other computer software applications (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of industry standards, and practices preferred
- Effective written and oral communication/ customer service skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Highly organized and able to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Willing to learn about ceiling details and the manufacturing process for the products
This is a great opportunity with a multi-national building supplies manufacturer located in Vaughan, ON. Career Advancement, Financial Stability and upwards mobility will be granted to the right individual.