Applications / Sales Engineer
SALES / APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
Location: Mississauga, ON (90% in office)
Industry: Automotive, OEM, Machine Building
We are looking for a Sales / Applications Engineer for our client located in Mississauga, ON.
You will have experience working with Tier 1 Automotive companies in:
- Developing technical Quotations and Proposals for custom built Roll Forming (or other) machinery for Automotive Tier 1 Companies.
- Identifying specific custom solutions to customer’s process needs.
- Using the concept of utilizing engineering and sales standards to create sales proposals.
- Understanding working together with Engineering and sales department to develop basis of customer solution.
- Follow Up with Customers using a CRM system. Qualifies inquires and manages priorities.
- Ability to report on weekly activities working towards individual and department goals.
- Using video conferencing tools to meet with customers in kick-off meeting
- Polish, Professional customer facing approach. Ability to interact with Automotive Tier 1 customers in North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Ability to use ERP system for pricing, costing and having to build trust with decision makers assisting customers to buy.
Skills and Qualifications For Success in this position
- Engineering Degree or Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma
- 5 years of experience working in the automotive, OEM, custom built automation industry developing proposals, quotations and technical documentation
- Process Engineering for companies in Metal Bending industry and specifically within the automotive industry responsible for specifications and buying of Capital Equipment.
- Applications Engineer or Project Engineers for machine builders.
- Mechanical Design Engineers with the desire to move into sales.