Software Applications Engineer – Clinical Diagnostics
Our Client is a global leading manufacturer of Lab Equipment for various industry segments including Biotech/Research, Clinical Diagnostics and Industrial Lab markets. They have an opening based in GTA for an Canadian and US focused Software Application Engineer to support the Clinical Diagnostics markets across Canada and Some US clients, travel is 30% as majority of role is home office based virtually servicing clients for the Clinical Diagnostic portfolio of instruments.
Responsible for the installation, configuration, documentation, and support of software packages supported by Diagnostics Software Services (DSS) according to specifications and in a manner that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency expectations.
Extensive team and customer interaction is required and the abilities to act professionally and swiftly to customer concerns are imperative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, configure, validate, and support software applications responsible by DSS to meet the approved requirements and scope documentation and according to the Quality Management System.
Create appropriate documentation for all work performed. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Change Request Form
• SSD approval
• Technical Specification documents
• Verification Plans & Reports
• Issue Handling documentation in ticketing system
• Training materials
• Independently troubleshoots, resolves, and tests technical issues.
• Able to develop and independently perform unit testing and identify and correct failed cases
• Able to execute standard processes, document source code, and use source code repository
• Code set consistently follows coding standard (i.e., comments, error handling, easy to read)
• Understands the interaction between DSS software applications in the same product family
• Seeks assistance when making changes that may affect downstream processes or considered high risk
• Ability to associate product features with customer requirements
• Ability to conduct training sessions with team members and customers independently for software packages supported by DSS.
• Documents solutions and present innovative ideas to other team members
• Being able to adapt quickly to the changing needs of our business and environment
• Takes responsibility for work assigned and completed
• Able to accept and take action from constructive criticism
• Collaborates with team while performing as primary technical resource for a project and/or initiative
• Analyzes and understands detailed requirements and thoroughly review completed work to ensure accuracy
• Ensures the complete satisfaction of the customers.
• The position requires willingness to travel frequently – 30-50% travel domestic and international.
• General office atmosphere and laboratory environment workspace. Customer laboratories will include biological sample material.
To Qualify for this position:
• Bachelors' degree
• 2-5 years of configuring software, ideally with Lab Instrumentation.
• 2-5 years of SQL Server
• 1-3 years of Web Site/Server including experience with set-up, configuration and troubleshooting
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Object-Oriented programming language, focusing on data migration, server set-up
• Experience delivering what’s promised on time, proactively provide status reports, and have the up-side to independently manage tasks and projects from inception through completion with minimal supervisory guidance.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish and/or French language is desired.