Systems Administrator – Microsoft – Team Lead
Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator and Technical Lead
Industry IT services
Location: Toronto (West Toronto)
Salary range: $80,000/year
Our client is a fast growing cloud company focusing on managing and operating business critical systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) requiring a high availability, secure, predictable environments. The environment fosters learning new technologies and provides opportunities for growth across systems, cloud, cyber-security, networking. They are looking for motivated individuals with strong customer focus to join our team and make a difference every day.
- You will be a key technical resource in a fast-paced growing environment.
- The Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator / Technical Lead will evaluate, architect, implement, migrate and administer secure high availability environments for servers and web services.
- Provide operational support based on industry best practices and experience in managing cloud infrastructures and virtual environments.
- The successful candidate for this role is a detail-oriented individual with strong hands-on technical knowledge.
Functions and responsibilities :
- Provide advanced Server systems setup, administration, configurations, and automated implementations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation
- Clearly communicate with peers and end-user clients during troubleshooting, planning, environment migration and more.
- Perform server and application deployments, configurations, updates, and improvements.
- Support functionality and security audits and provide technology recommendations.
- Anticipate and research new cloud and web technologies appropriate to our cloud infrastructure, platform and products.
- Help define, improve, document and promote an architecture and designs based on ITIL “best practices”
- Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with latest technologies
- Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in virtualized technology infrastructure design, implementation and troubleshooting
- 5+ years experience operating Windows Systems Administration and troubleshooting
- Expert domain knowledge and proven experience in at least one of the following areas: Active Directory, Azure, VMware, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Servers
- Areas of knowledge considered a plus: Azure and/or AWS expertise, knowledge of SANs, O365, Linux, Citrix VDI, Experience writing scripts to automate common administrative, deployment and infrastructure tasks
- Willingness to participate in 7/24 on-call rotation to respond to and resolve systems and application issues to ensure the company meets or exceeds committed service level agreements
- Strong organizational skills and the ability the track and prioritize several tasks
- Excellent customer interaction with written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate teamwork skills, plus ability to work without direct supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional global team
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and document work being done
- Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts