Insolvency Estate Manager
Bankruptcy / Insolvency
- A Consumer insolvency practice client is hiring an Insolvency Estate Manager in North York. Position Summary The Insolvency Estate Manager will be fully responsible for the complete administration of estates for filing the estate with the Official Receiver until the discharge of the bankrupt or full completion of the consumer proposal.
- Filing new estates;
- Prepare documents for initial mailing to creditors
- Issue Stay of Proceedings
- Meet with debtors to assess their financial situation, discuss and explain various options available
- Draft all initial bankruptcy or proposal documents for debtor’s signature
- Drafting minutes of meetings
- Reviewing Proofs of Claim
- Monitoring rejection or acceptance of proposals; Review voting letters and proxies; Prepare for and assist with creditors meetings
- Conduct first and second counseling sessions
- Monitor proposals for creditor approval and debtor compliance
- Monitor bankrupt’s surplus income and administer asset realization
- Realization of vested assets and release of secured or third party Review validity of both secured and unsecured proofs of claim and prepare releases and disallowances
- Complete 170 Reports with recommendations for discharge
- Prepare automatic discharge certificates
- Ensure statutory obligations are met under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Effecrtively communicate and correspond with debtors, creditors, government officials and other interested parties
• Estate Administrators Certificate (CIRP - 1yr Diploma program) BIA Counselor Qualifications/Experience:
• five years minimum years of experience required
Salary Range: $45,000 -$60,000 plus benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, by separate attachment in 'Word' format.
Upon receipt of your resume, our recruiting consultant will contact you to discuss these positions in detail.
Tanya Bassil -Sr. Partner
CAMPBELL MORDEN INC.
Phone: (416) 598-4020