A corporate recovery and financial advisory client with a wide range of Canadian and International clients in Toronto is hiring a Sr. Corporate Trustee in Bankruptcy (CIRP) with immediate Partnership opportunity.
The corporate insolvency practice assists companies facing financial difficulties to finding solutions for industrial, public and larger companies.
The Trustee will advise clients on acquisitions, divestitures, raising capital and valuations.
The Trustee will provide support to under-performing, financially distressed or insolvent businesses consisting of theoperational/financial restructuring of businesses to formal insolvency proceedings.
Work collaboratively with clients in financial crisis, enabling them to survive and regain profitability.
Address the key strategic, operational and financial trouble spots of a business to rapidly diagnose any problem. Identify immediate stabilizing activities, provide operational and performance improvement advice, and address debt-structuring and refinancing, or recovery needs.
Candidates’ abilities and other requirements of the job include:
- Acting for stakeholders in formal restructuring proceedings such as the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and other applicable legislation, proposals to creditors, commercial bankruptcies and receiverships
- Conducting viability assessments and financial/operational business reviews
- Providing assistance to troubled financial institutions and their stakeholders
- Tailored ‘turnaround’ methodologies
- Debt restructuring/refinancing advisory
- Liquidity management
- Asset management and disposition
- Excellent technical insolvency, restructuring, and refinancing skills.
- Ability to plan and manage complex corporate formal and informal mandates with minimal Partner supervision.
- Review and analysis of various internal company issues - historical earnings, cash flow, operational performance, contribution margin by product line or region, balance sheet and collateral analysis, going concern and liquidation valuations, etc.
- Review and analysis of various external/marketplace issues – industry risks and opportunities, benchmarking, competitive analysis, regulatory environment, etc.
- Strong cash flow modeling and forecasting skills.
- Exceptional oral and written presentation abilities, including articulating proposals and final reports using PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in finance or business
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), Trustee in Bankruptcy License, or near completion of the program
- Accounting /Finance experience required (CA/CMA strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience providing corporate restructuring, turnaround management services, and/or debt advisory
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi task across projects
- Exceptional client management and relationship development experience
- Broad financial and commercial experience, having demonstrated achievement either within a professional services organization or corporate environment
- A self starter, who can work well independently as well as part of a team
- Logical, methodical and commercial approach, combined with strong business diagnostics skills
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume by separate attachment in word format,
Upon receipt of your resume I will call you to discuss the opportunity in detail.
For further information, please contact:
Tanya Bassil, Sr. Partner
Campbell Morden Inc.
Phone: (416) 598-4020