Maintenance Technician Level III
Job Location: Woodbridge, Ontario
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: $28.89/hr.
**Shift Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm (shift time may vary from time to time)
Terms of Employment: Full -Time (4-month probationary period)
Job Purpose: To provide support to plant operations, while maintaining manufacturing machinery, equipment and tools in good working order to keep production processes running smoothly, as well as to maintain and repair the facilities infrastructure to provide all employees a good, safe, working environment.
Will own the responsibility to optimize preventive maintenance plans, spare parts inventory, and equipment knowledge to ensure the least amount of plant downtime due to equipment and machinery issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains, compound miter saws, glue equipment, sanders, dust collectors, air compressors, conveyors, exhaust fans, filters, paint equipment, pneumatic tools and equipment
- Installs bearings, shafts, gears, drive belts, couplings when required
- Cutting and assembling metal components using ARC or Gas welding equipment
- Fabricates jigs and fixtures as required
- Operates rigging equipment (Forklift, scissors-lift, order picker) to assist handling and installing equipment
- Performs tasks necessary for general building maintenance
- Keep sufficient stock of replacement parts for plant equipment
- Participate in maintenance related courses as required
- Must strictly follow machine guarding and safety rules and regulations.
- Do general clean up and housekeeping duties
- Be able to work with minimum Supervision
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Work with all departments in support of continuous improvement practices as they relate to preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Operates and maintains a complete preventative maintenance program
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Able to perform maintenance and diagnostics on the plant compressor units, forklifts, robots
- Has enough electrical knowledge to follow directions through electrical drawings to pinpoint issues, and perform robot diagnostics with help from vendors.
- Submit daily reports to the production manager on downtime and plant repairs.
- Is able to perform basic equipment automation or willing and able to take extra courses to upskill to that level (preferred)
- Identify repair costs and keep vendors competitive
- Maintain/repair the current HVAC and thermostat units
- Any other tasks assigned by your manager
- College Diploma, Valid Industrial Mechanic license or other trades with equivalent experience
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, electricity, plumbing and other related fields.
- 10 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment
- Be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills
- Quality oriented
- Sense of urgency when it comes to critical equipment failure (essential)
- Flexible schedule to allow for repairs outside regular hours and during scheduled breaks (essential)
- Overtime availability (essential)
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Exposer to fiberglass particulates
- Exposer to elevated temperatures
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work at heights
- Standing for long periods of time
- Work involves considerable bending and twisting
- Concentration and visual effort required