Sr. Corporate Advisory and Restructuring Associate
Bankruptcy / Insolvency
Corporate Restructuring Associate/Team Leader
A leading corporate insolvency firm requires a Corporate Restructuring Associate.
The Commercial Restructuring Associate will be responsible for managing the team of Corporate Insolvency Administrators (Associates)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of insolvency proceedings, preparation of documents, filing documents with the Official Receiver, managing deadlines, organizing mailings and newspaper advertisements, preparing affidavits, maintaining insolvency computer-based data
- Answering creditor enquiries and dealing with creditor claims
- Assistance with the preparation of reports to creditors, attendance at meetings of creditors and inspectors (as required), preparation of minutes and general file review to ensure all outstanding matters are dealt with prior to assigning file to be closed out
- Dealing with other reporting in accordance with the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act, as well as various government reporting requirements such as Wage Earner Protection Program Act
- Support functions on insolvency engagements such as insurance filings, accounts receivable collection, financial reporting, screening related mail and responding accordingly or seeking instructions from file manager, etc.
- Dealing with other professionals involved in the proceedings such as legal counsel, appraisal companies, interested parties, etc.
- Preparation of billing for professional services rendered and the taxation of accounts by the Court.
- Managing and tracking Sections 246 reports required in Receiverships
- Drafting Interim Receivership reports
- Drafting Interim Statement of Receipts and Disbursements
- Dealing with receipt and distribution of OSB Certificates and Letters of Comment
- Prepare file for closing including review of all documents, preparation of Final Statements of Receipts and Disbursements, review of all Proofs of Claim, compilation of all documents required to send to the OSB for comment and to the Court for taxation, prepare final payment of Trustee’s fees, attend final inspectors meting for the approval of Final Statement of Receipts and Disbursements and fees, as required
- Perform PPSA and corporate searches as required
- Managing the Restricting Practice Engagement Schedule
- Perpetration of various correspondence, reports and presentations and assisting professional staff with weekly time entry if requested
- Manga the monthly Restructuring meetings and preparing the agenda and recording minutes
- Records and File Managing including managing contract with provider
- Manage Date Site contract with provider and creating the updating Data Room as required.
- Strong computer proficiencies including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Experience with QuickBooks would be an asset
- Able to work in a team environment and independently with little supervision to accomplish tasks adequately and efficiently
- Strong time management skills to manage competing priorities
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Education and Experience
- Experience using Ascend (Insolvency Software) would be an asset
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience in the Corporate Insolvency and Restructuring industry would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance or Accounting
- Two years of experience in a management role
- Completed the Insolvency Administration Course with the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIR) would be an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by separate attachment in word format.
For further information please contact;
Tanya Bassil, Sr.Partner
Campbell Morden Inc.
Phone: (416) 598-4020