Senior Buyer - Raw Materials - Food Manufacturing Industry
Supply Chain + Procurement
321 | Senior Buyer, Raw Materials
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 per annum
Are you looking to take your career to the next level with an established, progressive company? Are you a dynamic leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to collectively improve manufacturing processes and systems? Our client, a nationally recognized food manufacturer, is seeking a resourceful Senior Buyer to join their Cambridge team.
- Negotiate supplier agreements and contract terms
- Maintain long-term relationships with sub-contractors
- Implement a comprehensive supply forecasting program
- Analyze inventory levels and product demand to determine re-order points and stocking levels, ensuring availability and minimizing inventory costs
- Communicate and act to correct defective or unacceptable goods or services; investigate and resolve costing variances related to commodities purchased
- Identify potential supply constraints and implement recovery plans
- Ensure functionality of components with production and quality assurance teams
- Place timely purchase orders and blanket agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing, supply chain, or related field
- 5+ years professional purchasing experience and 2-3 years’ experience in Food Manufacturing purchasing
- CPM or SPSM designation an asset
- Strong ERP skills is an asset
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes including inventory, production and distribution is an asset
- Highly energetic, result-oriented problem solver
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, high volume activity and establish priorities in a changing environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Please answer the following questions in the body of your email and attach with your resume.
- How many years of Bachelor Degree in Purchasing or Supply CHain experience do you have?
- How many years of CPM oar APICS experience do you have?
- How many years of Food Manufacturing background experience do you have?
- How many years of raw materials purchasing or buying in Food Manufacturing experience do you have?