Electrical Design Engineer (Mining and Agriculture Industry)
Location: Sudbury, ON (Relocation Assistance will be provided)
Salary: Up to $100,00 per annum + Bonus + Pension and Full Benefits
• Design full electrical systems for mobile mining equipment and systems;
• Create detailed drawings to capture process, dimensions, inspection and other pertinent engineering information utilizing knowledge of engineering principles and applicable design standards and EHS regulations;
• Developing component selections with the suppliers to meet the performance and cost targets;
• Develop and execute design validation plans for electrical systems;
• Work with manufacturing operations, product management and sales to ensure consistent and quality engineering design output;
• Collaborate with production employees to help drive and implement standards and improvements to company processes;
• Provide engineering support to service and parts departments for aftermarket purposes.
• BSc. Engineering with specialization in Electrical.
• Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience with the design of industrial heavy equipment and machinery including electrical system design using SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD;
• Understanding of ECNs, ECRs, NCRs, RAs, DFMEA and PFMEA;
• Familiarity with ISO, ANSI, CSA and other country specific electrical safety regulations as required;
• Familiarity with Engineering ERP system considered an asset;
• Experience using Automation Studio is an asset;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to manage multiple design projects and excel working within tight deadlines;
• Demonstrate a high level of initiative with the ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.