Position to fill: Sales Representative – Montreal.
Industry Packaging for the Cosmetics, Food and Beverage industries
Location: Montréal (Pointe Claire), Québec. 70% travel across the territory.
Salary range: Based on the candidate’s current compensation. ($75k + likely)
The company is a specialized supplier of packaging products to customers in industries like, pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacturing, food & beverage, detergent & soap manufacturing, essential oils and many more, in Canada and the US. They supply glass, metal and plastic bottles, cans, jars and closures for all applications. It is still a small company, with 14 employees, and approximately $4 million of yearly sales, but it is backed by a larger entity with substantial investment possibilities to finance its growth. They have an office in Ontario, and one in Quebec, Montreal, where this position is based.
This position is responsible for developing sales primarily with new accounts but also with existing customers. The territory includes all of Quebec. Territory size is around $2 to 3 Million in annual sales.
Duties and responsibilities will be:
· Booking Visits / Planning Visits
· Writing Visit reports
· Establishing your forecast
· Developing new projects / Establishing priorities
· Feasibility study and samples supply
· Meeting report to VP Sales
· Control of orders launched and delivery lead times
· Price studies
· Visit to clients Orders Renewal
· Visit to clients Promotions
· Visit to Prospects
· Information to Market Trend Setters
· Others ( Exhibitions, Supermarket visits, Industry requirements )
Successful experience selling packaging products to the same industrial clients.
Well established connections with the decision makers in these industries.
Personality well adapted to new business development activities (i.e. “hunter” style).
Able to commute easily to the Montreal office.
Willing to travel around 70% of the time.
Keys / Comments:
The client is willing to consider 2 types of candidates:
- Preferred: early career aggressive “hunter” style, from the packaging industry.
- Second choice: Experienced individual with an established network of contacts among the client base.
Please note that this is not a home based position. The person will have to spend around 30% of the time at the Pointe Claire (Montreal) office.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year