Location / Shift Managers - Unionized Operation
Industry: Car Rental, Janitorial, Airport Services, Sanitation
Citizenship: Candidates must be Legally allowed to work in Canada. (Prefer Candidates working with multi-cultural teams or with international work experience)
Location: Brampton, ON
Salary range: $43,000/year - $50,000/yr + Bonus
Shifts: You will need to work week-ends and stat holidays. 2 Days off per work will not be Saturday/Sunday and a day in lieu will be given for the stat holiday. The shifts may vary between mornings/AM and afternoon/evenings/PM and can change from a week to the next and/or from a day to the next.
- University or College degree in business administration or related diploma
- Experience supervising a unionized team of 20 - 40 employees that are multi-cultural.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge and experience of labor planning tools.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
The ideal candidate posses a "roll up the sleeves to get it done attitude” understanding the need to accomplish tasks with a strong sense of urgency.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Staffing - Working closely with HR and Recruitment to place required staff. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production - Coordinate and monitor the work of the various departments involved in car rental production, productivity of vehicle cleaning and vehicle transportation. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Manage and ensure quality and of the labor force. Daily administration such monitoring and computing time cards.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of communication between the various departments.
- Customer Service - While not a direct customer facing role, interacts with customers and the general public on a daily basis to resolve issues as they arise, from vehicle break downs to lost and found.
- Strategic Input - Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year