Location: Regina, SK (Relocation paid to Regina, SK)
Salary: $125,000 - $150,000 per annum
The Divisional Controller – BICL/BIUL will be responsible for managing the overall financial operations of their designated manufacturing divisions, and will provide accurate information to the ownership group, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Divisional Controller will be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to top management and externally.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Work with manufacturing operations and sales teams to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Work with external auditors.
- Prepare and present financial information for reports (monthly/quarterly/annual).
- Manage research and development program for CRA and accounting requirements.
- Work with sales team on product pricing, costing and margins.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
- Provides advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Sets the priorities within accounting group
- Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Coordinates all other customer and government audits
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- All other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (Insurance, Stats Can, etc.)
- Generation of reports of performance against budgets
- Supporting new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Assigns and authorizes cheques, purchase orders and invoices
- Promotes and maintains positive corporate relations with the financial community
- With input from the CFO, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- University degree in Business/Accounting with advanced degree or professional accounting designation, and several years of experience managing accounting operations in a manufacturing industry.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of manufacturing accounting and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension, profit sharing, and the like is essential.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Financial analysis and budgeting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Management and/or supervisory experience
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Overtime as required