Applications Engineering Manager - Industrial Gears and Power Transmission
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND APPLICATIONS MANAGER
Location: Brampton, ON
Salary: $100,000 - $140,000 per annum
Industry: Power Transmission, VFD, Industrial Motors
We are searching for a Customer Service and Applications Manager.
You will lead a team of Customer Service and Applications Engineers.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service & Application Engineering teams to ensure industry leading service levels. Increase efficiencies wherever possible.
- Coach and mentor Customer Service Application Engineering employees on various customer service and problem resolution methods, techniques and best practices to motivate and encourage a consistently high level of performance from each individual and team.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, issues and problems, and coordinate with others, internally and externally, as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement customer service metrics, collect data and monitor, track and report on the [weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual] service levels, targets and goals, ensuring that targets are achieved and exceeded.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree. P.Eng Designation Required. Bi-Lingual (F/E) preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience as an Applications Engineer in Motors, Drives, VFD.
- 3-5 years in Management role with experience in supervising both Customer Service and Applications Engineer
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude. Good Working knowledge of mechanical power transmission equipment including gear reducers, electric motors and VFD
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics, ProQuote and Design, Failure Analysis , FMEA
Must come from the Motors industry.
-- GE Electric (Peterborough)
-- Siemens Westinghouse (Former Hamilton plant)
-- WEG Motors
-- SEW EuroDrive
-- Nord Drive System
-- Leeson Electric