Key Account Manager - Food Industry
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 per annum (Negotiable Bonus on top of base salary)
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager for a Food Manufacturer.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Key Account Manager is responsible achieving annual volume sales and gross margin targets by effectively partnering with and managing all International key accounts. In this role, the incumbent will develop customer growth strategies and plans that align to both CT Bakery strategic goals and customer goals, as well as building and strengthening relationships with key customers to foster trust.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Successfully develop, maintain and oversee customer relations interacting with customers, reviewing and discussing the business relationships and proactively managing key issues/problems
- Work closely with key customer contacts to support daily business activities. Uncover and understand the needs of the customer and deliver value propositions and company messaging to key account. Create customer presentations to support messaging.
- Work closely with Customer, Company President, VP of Sales, and Finance to develop and implement annual business plans designed to achieve sales objectives, contribution goals, volume objectives, trade spending requirements.
- Analyze and understand industry market trends, competition, products, and pricing that may impact sales efforts and communicate this information to Executive team to develop plans to course correct where necessary
- Identify opportunities and challenges within accounts and create strategies to maximize sell through, profit, revenue and market share.
- Provide regular reports to Executive management on key opportunities, new business, business at risk, market trends, customer-based performance insight and competitive data.
- Understand competitive behaviors and implications to Commercial Bakery industry. Develop and implement proactive plans to address.
- Manage merchandise planning and development (product assortment, trade promotion, regular/feature pricing & space management recommendations) including the identification and implementation of unique ways to merchandise the business.
- University degree in Business, Commerce or related field.
- 5 years minimum of sales experience in commercial bakery industry
- Excellent negotiating, assessment and analytical abilities.
- Practical experience with category management.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed to drive business results
The Main focus is that this is a solo role with very little administration support. The support this role receives comes from the top so the rest is up to this person to keep organized and keep the customers happy.
It is an International Key account manager/Sales role – The first month at least will be pretty office heavy to get to know the process and people. This role will be given key accounts to manage and stay on top of (after some shadowing and relationship building time)
Responsibilities focus: Costing, Presentations, continuous communication, sales
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year