Engineering Manager, Infrastructure and Development
Location: Alliston, ON
Company: Town of New Tecumseth
Salary: $93,000 - $120,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits + Pension
The Town of New Tecumseth is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and experienced professional to lead a team of talented and motivated staff. Reporting to the Director, Engineering and Development, the following is a summary of core responsibilities:
- Oversee the developments in the Town worth over $300M annually from initial phase of pre-consultation & engineering, through development agreements and construction phases, to final phases of assumption and securities releases.
- Lead the Branch in the review and approval of the development engineering components of subdivisions, site plans and other types of development applications.
- Enhance policies, procedures and interactions with Developers, Consultants and the Public on a continuous improvement basis to ensure development initiatives incorporate Town’s Vision and Values with minimum disruptions to residents.
- Oversee transportation related initiatives such as the Transportation Master Plan, Traffic Calming Approach, Traffic Impact Studies, etc.
- Participate in corporate initiatives and represent the Branch and Department, if needed, at various forums.
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil or Transportation preferred or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Registered with Professional Engineers of Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation with over 10 years of relevant experience.
- 7 years of relevant experience in engineering with at least 3 years of supervisory/management experience (preferably municipal experience).
- Experience and working knowledge of municipal infrastructure design, drafting, plans review, asset management, technical reports, Municipal Class Environmental Assessments process, transportation planning, development, storm water management, lot grading, municipal development agreements, and contract administration and inspection of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing development agreements associated with site plans and subdivisions.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, bylaws, legal proceedings, and the ability to interpret legislation such as The Municipal Act, Planning Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Ontario Building Code, Highway Traffic Act, Clean Water Act, Conservation Authorities Act, Rail Safety Act and other related legislation and regulations.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures to contribute to corporate strategic objectives.
- Working knowledge of software systems specific to the requirements of the Branch such as water, sewer and stormwater modeling, GIS, and CAD. Proficient in the use of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and other technology required for the day to day administration of the role.
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable transportation.
The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to achieve objectives, embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Annual Salary Range: $93,948 - $117,426