Field Service Supervisor - Construction / Manufacturing
Field Service Supervisor
Location: Chicago, IL
Industry: Construction, Buildings, OEM
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 + Bonus + Medical Benefits
- Good mechanical aptitude with hands on experience and leadership skills in a similar environment working with customers, staff, building management and contractors prioritizing, scheduling, monitoring and performing.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and 5 years related mechanical hands on field experience.
- Technical certification in mechanical engineering is desirable.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, & Chicago Building codes.
- Hands-on knowledge in a variety of trades and use of related tools.
- Proven experience reading blueprints and construction drawings.
- Must provide clear criminal clearance, unrestricted drivers license and drug test certificate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Successful experience of providing customer service.
Supervisor will manage all the services and work hands on with junior technician.
This position holder will be responsible for maintaining the Access Equipment, safety, productivity and reducing costs. Ensure that the team member working in a safe manner and aware of their responsibilities.
He will have a direct responsibility of the commercial and technical communication with the customers.
Job Responsibilities and Activities:-
- Work hands on with other service technician. (total two man team)
- Work with other technician with a defined Scope of Work.
- Organize weekly schedule and coordinate with base office. Review schedule with base office in terms of what parts are required for upcoming services based on schedule.
- Maintain and establish solid customer relations and interact with new customers.
- Control and minimize costs; follow all safety rules.
- Ensure you and other service technician conform to all safety rules and regulations i.e. use of fall protection, limitations on field crimping etc.
- Evaluate field work post inspection/services.
- Work with buddy system and provide technical support to service technician.
- Provide conflict resolutions in AR in terms of more input, direct resolve, and work closely with AR Department
- Review Service & Installation Reports (S&I report) daily/weekly to ensure expectation are met in terms of scope (what parts are needed) and safety.
- Provide a control point for processing invoices accurately and efficiently and ordering parts in a timely manner.
- Report to the North American Manager any issues adversely affecting safety, costs revenue etc.
- All other tasks as required per management.
- Occasional travel required.
- Expand customer base through retention and contracting new accounts