ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEER (Bilingual - French/English)
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 per annum + Bonus + RRSP
Location: Mississauga, ON
This position is part of the Canadian Engineering Services Team located in the Toronto area. This
team of 12 is primarily focused on modernization and retrofitting projects, exclusively elevators.
Project Engineers within the Engineering Service Team in Canada provide engineering support to
the sales and operation teams to develop, sell and successfully install the company’s products and
service solutions that meet customer’s needs (Controllers, special features, fixtures, elevator
group operations and interfaces). They support the tendering process and take ownership of the
order handling process from order intake to delivery for the electrical and control part of the
Electrical Technical sales support in the Customer process:
- Supports the Salesperson by analyzing customers’ technical needs and develops proposals
outlining how the company’s products and services can provide clear solutions to meet these
- Provides technical and costing support for sales when required
- Customer contact for technical questions. May participate in planning / specification meetings.
- Ensure that the proposed solution complies with codes, regulations and safety requirements
- Quotes and realizes the engineering assessments as required
Electrical Technical and project support in the order process:
- Provides electrical control and fixture specifications and, when needed, technical and costing
support for the sales process
- Ensures that the final solution complies with codes, regulations and safety requirements
- Schedules the engineering and electrical component deliveries as part of the project
- Organizes the purchasing of the required electrical material and coordinates specifications and
delivery times with the Supply Line, Sourcing or local subcontractors.
- Accountable for solution engineering, calculations and special interface design
- Creates and updates the specifications based upon contracts and any variations
- Ensure that the proposed solution fulfils the codes, regulations and safety requirements
- Monitor the project budget on material cost and engineering hrs.
- Manage the drawing and related documents
1. Bilingual French & English to support the business in Quebec and the rest of Canada.
2. Bachelor’s or Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
3. P.Eng. designation.
4. Several years of relevant experience preferably in the Elevator industry, or any other
industry with similar products (i.e. equipment with PLCs and motion control systems).
5. Working level of English and French
6. Willing to relocate to the Toronto area if required