A food warehouse plant in Whitby Ontario is recruiting for Occupational Health Nurse.
The Occupational Health Nurse will provide occupational health services to all employees, including assessments and the medical management process. They will develop and maintain a proactive disability management process by partnering with leadership and Human Resources.
They will also develop and deliver occupational health programs focused on pr4evention and wellness and provide clinical activities that enhance the health and productivity of the employees.
The operation is open 24 hours a day and they require someone on site 3 days a week, 7 to 8 hours per day.
Shifts are as follows:
10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. 3 days a week
5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. - 1 day a week
- Monitor disability claims and medical management of WSIB claims
- Provide primary care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illness, including effective nursing assessment skills, preparation of care plan, treatment, referral, case management and preparation of Return to Work/Stay at work programs, as indicated
- Participate in workers’ health maintenance programs through various activities
- Identify health needs for workers, develop objectives and implement programs in health promotion, maintenance and rehabilitation
- Institute Wellness Programs appropriate to the needs of the employee workforce
- Cooperate with and act as a resource to the appropriate personnel in developing and maintaining a safe work environment
- Evaluate the nursing service provided for appropriateness and effectiveness.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 - 10 years’ experience in Occupational Health Nursing preferred
- Registered Nurse - in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Diploma (DOHN) and or Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) an asset
- Current Certification in CPR and First Aid
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by separate attachment in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact:
Tanya Bassil, Sr. Partner
Campbell Morden Inc.
Phone :( 416) 598-4020