Senior Project Manager (CPG)
- Provide leadership to multi-functional project teams to ensure adequate communication and transparency, data analysis, delivery support, and contingency planning.
- Provide training on critical project management skills for project leads and new team members.
- Monitor and develop portfolio-tracking techniques for domestic and global new product development. Maintain a global new product development process and portfolio dashboard for all global development projects.
- Outline a clear direction for team members and motivate them toward team goals and organizations strategy
- Manage and resolve communications, miscommunications, and conflicts between global business units.
- Facilitate continuous development of the Project Management Office to deliver increasing value of the function to the organization.
: Strategically manage projects from ideation/pre-assessment through realization
- Manage all project activities using the Df(x) process. Maintain all documentation as required using MS Project and Excel, SharePoint, E-Track, EZone, and/or other appropriate systems
- Monitor tasks, milestones, and timelines to ensure projects stay on track. Clearly, concisely, and quickly communicate with cross-functional teams. Facilitate team meetings in-person, with conference calls, and/or web cast.
- Drive definition and management of project scope, resources, schedule, and risk from inceptions to launch for all assigned projects. Develop the overall project plans and teamwork assignments to meet milestones. Direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis.
- Manage customer expectations by effectively communicating the project status. Create status reports, project update information, and Stage Gate review presentations as required to update project status to sponsors/ stakeholders.
Enable a high-performing team that passionately supports accomplishment of goals in a manner consistent with Core Principles
- Take ownership for results and be proactive in the performance of assignments. Work with teams to develop valid conclusions and identify alternatives. Identify likely stakeholder responses to specific recommendations.
- Drive multifunctional teams to successful delivery of a product. Enable distributed project teams to collaborate effectively on projects.
- Link problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes. Define issues clearly, approach problems from a systems perspective, and see connections, linkages, and interdependencies. Apply continuous learning to problem resolution within projects.
- Outline a clear direction for team members and motivate them toward company and team goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, engineering, a hard science, or other related experience. MBA or MS preferred.
- 10+ years comparable work experience
- Job related exp.: Project Management, MS project, Stage/Gate experience
- Experience with resource management, i.e., personnel allocation, motivation, setting goals and objectives; coordinating the activities of other Project Managers and functional resources.
- Ability to negotiate persuasively; influence and shape the decisions of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Cross-functional team leadership skills, ability to collaborate
- Solid computer skills, including basic MS Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Project
- Travel expectation – 25% or less